Monday, December 29, 2008

Ring...Ring...


why dont you give me a call....!!!!

My first attempt at making seedie rings. The first one nearly did my head in...LOL. I found the second one easier...is that usual? That the second time you make something similar it gets easier?

I raided my precious button tin for the buttons. The blue button is an antique one...from the button tin my Nan gave me many years ago. I love looking through the tin and remembering the dress or blouse she had worn. I recall she took buttons off everything after it's use-by-date. Julie she would say...you never know when you might need a button!!!! :)

Well she was right!!! I needed that button today!!! Thank you for your frugalness Nan.

Well, needless to say, the two daughters decided they have to have one or two. Emily has claimed the silvery grey one and has ordered a pink one. Sophie has put in an order for a yellow one!!! So i guess i am making a few more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are just gorgeous Julz! So intricate and lovely, no surprise they were immediately claimed by your daughters. Yes, I do believe new projects become easier with the second try, at least that's what I've found.